My favorite actor Robert Pattinson
Тип работы: доклад
My favorite actor.pptx— 8.59 Мб
My favorite actor Robert Pattinson
Made by Raisova N.
Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson (born 13 May 1986)is an English actor, model, musician and producer. Pattinson started his career by playing Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He later landed the leading role of Edward Cullen in the film adaptations of the Twilightnovels by Stephenie Meyer, and came to worldwide fame, thus establishing himself among the highest paid and most bankable actors in Hollywood.In 2010, Pattinson was named one of TIME magazine's 100 Most Influential People in The World, and also in the same yearForbes ranked him as one of the most powerful celebrities in the world in the Forbes Celebrity 100. Since the Twilight series ended in 2012, Pattinson has ventured into doing small independent films.
- Pattinson was born in London. His mother, Clare, worked for a modeling agency, and his father, Richard, imported cars from the U.S.Pattinson attended Tower House School and Harrodian School.He became involved in amateur theatre. After some backstage experience there, he took on acting roles. He caught the attention of an acting agent in a production of Tess of the D'Urbervilles and began looking for professional roles. Pattinson has two elder sisters, one of whom is singer Lizzy Pattinson.
- Early career
- Pattinson had supporting roles in the made for television film Ring of the Nibelungs in 2004 and in director Mira Nair’s Vanity Fair, although his scenes in the latter were deleted and only appear on the DVD version. In May 2005, he was scheduled to appear in the UK premiere of The Woman Before at the Royal Court Theatre, but was fired shortly before the opening night and was replaced by Tom Riley. Later that year he played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. For this role he was named that year's "British Star of Tomorrow" by The Times and had more than once been hailed as "the next Jude Law".
- In 2006, Pattinson appeared in The Haunted Airman a psychological thriller, aired on BBC Four on 31 October, he earned favourable reviews. The Stage praised Pattinson that "he played the airman of the title with a perfect combination of youthful terror and world weary cynicism."[On 19 February 2007, he appeared in a supporting role in a one-off television drama based on the best-selling novel by Kate Long The Bad Mother's Handbook.
Pattinson and music
- Pattinson plays the guitar and piano, and composes his own music. He also appears as the singer of two songs on the Twilight soundtrack: "Never Think", which he co-wrote with Sam Bradley,and "Let Me Sign", which was written by Marcus Foster and Bobby Long. The songs were included in the film after director Catherine Hardwicke added Pattinson's recordings into an early cut without his knowledge, and he agreed that "one of them specifically, it really made the scene better. It was like it was supposed to be there." The soundtrack for the film How to Befeatures three original songs performed by Pattinson and written by composer Joe Hastings.
- Aside from recording for the soundtracks, Pattinson has said, "I've never really recorded anything – I just played in pubs and stuff", and when asked about a professional music career, he said, "Music is my back-up plan if acting fails." In 2010, Pattinson was awarded the "Hollywood's Most Influential Top Unexpected Musicians" award.